Monday, June 13, 2011

Introducing myself and my educational background

           My name is Anthony Sewell. Currently, I do not hold a position in the field of education. My content area is music education, and my certification is for grades K-12. My objective shall be to enhance my development as a professional educator. I am currently unemployed, but I am scheduled to interview for an assistantship offered by Wright State University’s department of education this Wednesday.
            I received my undergraduate degree in music education from Central State University in December of 2010. I graduated from Central State with a 3.18 cumulative grade point average, and enrolled in Wright State University’s teacher leader program in January of 2011. This is the start of my 3rd quarter at Wright State. I have completed 9 credit hours and achieved a 4.0 grade point average thus far. Currently, I am enrolled in 17 credit hours for the summer sessions.
           I am originally from Gary, Indiana, but I currently reside in Xenia, Ohio. I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment by myself. For the time being, I am not married nor do I have children. I am a movie lover, and I have a large dvd collection. Be it known that my undergraduate degree is in music education, I am able to play several musical instruments; however, I excel in trumpet playing. I believe that music is a universal language and truly the greatest of the arts. I also believe that music education, like other core subjects, can play an important role in preparing students for citizenship, teach cultural literacy, and help students become critical thinkers.




           




           


No comments:

Post a Comment